Friday, April 12, 2013

Book Discussion Event


               Milaca Library Book Discussion

Sandy had a great time connecting with folks in Milaca!  Her paternal grandparents farmed there originally and it turns out she still has relatives living there.   They like to say they live in Sandersonville, Sandy felt right at home.  She has fond memories of her time spent on the farm and surrounding areas between Milaca and Hinckley.

Some of the audience had read the book but for those who hadn't read it yet she read an excerpt from chapter 6. 

There was a period of Q & A-

Audience: Do you like creating male or female characters best?

Sandy: I have a lot of fun creating male characters!  I can make them perfect...like Thor!

Audience: How do you like to write?  On the computer or longhand?

Sandy: I love using the computer, when I started writing I used a typewriter!  But I have to edit on a hard copy.

Audience: How do you think up all these great characters and scenes? I feel like I know the characters and feel immersed in the story.  I imagine myself right there!

Sandy: I joke that if I knew how to get there I would go there more often!  Seriously it's a process though and sometimes things come more easily than others.  It can be hard work.  But such fun.

Audience: Now what do I do?  I miss being in the world of Pine Crescent!

Sandy: Well, my second novel will be published in the fall if everything goes well.  The story picks up in 1940 with some descendant's of the characters I introduced in TIMBER. 

Susan: I love libraries, Milaca Community Library is beautiful and the staff and patrons are so welcoming.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment